Fish Heads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird Spring

3 posters

Go down

Weird Spring Empty Weird Spring

Post by Floggin Water Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 pm

I don't get it - mother nature is being a wackadoo this year. Typically by now, mid-late May, we're seeing 65-70 degree days regularly, the water is usually at least 60 degrees in a lot of our lower elevation lakes (the ones with warm water fishees) - the gillies and crappie and bass should be on their beds spawning by now.

And they're not. The spring has stalled - we're on our 3rd day of the year here local that's hit 70 degrees. Most of the time it's been high 50's, low 60's. Water temps are still regularly in the 50's. The water in my favorite lake is HIGH and crystal clear, and the water is cold as hell, and the shallows are devoid of fish. It's been completely bonkers! My friend Jason has pulled 4 crappie 11-12 inches out of the lake this year - which is really unusual (they're usually 8-9 inches tops) but none of the dinks. I haven't caught a single bluegill this year. Have only seen a handful of bass and bluegill - and they're unusually spooky - even for the normally spooky bass in this lake.

I just don't get it. Where is spring? I'm worried that we're going to have a wet, cold summer. Which would suck. I'm soooo ready to get on some panfish it's sad. I was really hoping to break in the new 4 weight on some schoolie bluegill - but nada. Sad

Floggin Water
Flanker Fish

http://waterfloggin.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Weird Spring Empty Re: Weird Spring

Post by joe.kisselburg@yahoo.com Fri May 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Hahahahaha!!! He said "wackadoo."!!! hahaha!

Haven't heard that in a LONG time!
joe.kisselburg@yahoo.com
joe.kisselburg@yahoo.com
Lil' Black Stonefly

Back to top Go down

Post by Owl Mon May 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Consider yourself lucky......it's going to be in the 90's all week here. Spring? Spring is over. it's muggy hot summer now. whackadoodledoo. Smile
Owl
Owl
Admin

https://fishheads.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum