Anybody on the bream?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anybody on the bream?

Post by milliam on Sat May 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Just wondering if anyone has been catching any bream, sunfish, bluegill, redears, shell crackers, panfish, etc., etc.?

Seems like the time is right for them to be bedding around here. Full moon is coming and the honey suckles bloomed a week or two ago. I don't fish enough to know if that stuff is right, but its what I always here.

I'd sure like to get my daughter on a bream bed and let her experience the disappearing bobber trick that goes on forever. That's some awesome fun right there!
milliam
Rainbow Trout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anybody on the bream?

Post by Owl on Sun May 15, 2011 4:46 am

Me too! Me too! I'm wanting to put some of those "Orange Stingers" to good use, and try out some hoppers on the bluegills before showing them to the trout. Many times I have thought " you know what North GA needs? "

and the answer is always " MORE PONDS!"

I don't miss middle GA that much,....except for the "pond on every corner" type of thing we had down there. There are even more ponds on every corner in So. GA...

I'm ready when you are. We need to find a place. I guess there's always Marben....

Admin

View user profile http://fishheads.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Finewater on Sun May 15, 2011 4:09 pm

The pans were on the beds in the N. Ga. ponds I fish about three weeks ago. Haven't been back since then, but my guess is that the pond action is slowing. Ought to be the perfect time on the bigger lakes though. Those fish are probably just moving up onto the beds right about now.

Finewater
Lil' Black Stonefly

View user profile http://finewater.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by milliam on Mon May 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Finewater, thanks for the report. I figured I missed the bedding in our small ponds already. I'm sure there's still eager fish to be caught though.

I wonder how this cold front effected them. Supposed to warm back up this weekend of course.
milliam
Rainbow Trout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by troutmanbrook on Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

I have caught lots, some of the biggest i have ever caught! I will post pics as soon as i can get my brother to send em over.
troutmanbrook
Stinky Bear Poop

View user profile http://troutmanbrook.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum