Fish Heads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gobment shut down

2 posters

Go down

Gobment shut down Empty Gobment shut down

Post by milliam Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Ok, I know, politics...do I really have to go there? Well it is the off topic forum and its stuff we should all be knowing about at least.

So, what say ye...gobment shut down, do it already? Sign whatever budget is ready and just get on with it?

I'd like to see them shut it down, or at least hold out for a real budget that makes sense for the long run. I'm just surprised that there aren't more groups whining about their future though. You would think those that are so reliant on the gobment would be pretty darn worried. Then again, maybe things won't be that different if they do shut down.

Overall, I can't see them letting it happen. It would make our economy look pretty bad and at the present, they are spending so much fake money to keep it looking all rosey. afro
milliam
milliam
Rainbow Trout

Back to top Go down

Gobment shut down Empty Re: Gobment shut down

Post by Owl Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:47 am

Agreed on the "fake money" spending. There's an article online today about them shutting down the campgrounds and other facilities in the GSMNP if they can't reach an agreement. That'd be inconvenient(truth?) if it happens, but there are plenty of campgrounds outside the Park thanks to good 'ole American capitalism. (And thankfully, the GSMNP isn't as large as some others ( it's kinda "skinny" east to west, for those that don't know...) so the closures wouldn't really be that big of a deal. Last time it happened (1995) things were back to normal in less than a month.

I'd like sportsmen to remember that in this time of economic stress, money spent to fund the pleasantries of leisure activities shouldn't be at the top of the priority list. Fixing the debt, illegal immigration, the Fed, and bringing our troops home from wars we have no business being in should be. After there's a relative stability in our government and we've found our way back from all this tax-n-spend insanity - then we can worry about whether or not we need to fund bathrooms in National Parks, fish hatcheries, etc. I'm into fishing, but not so much that I can't see there are bigger "fish to fry" than a few bathrooms shutting down for a month(or two).
Owl
Owl
Admin

https://fishheads.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum